HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Blood Trail Problems
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 PM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Murby
Well jee whiz.. I did read it.. again.. and I still don't find anywhere in his post where he was looking for any advice on laws or property rights.. For all you know, he could be surrounded by state land.. who cares.. he didn't ask for that kind of advice.

Since it would seem that you believe he needs legal advice because he's traveling off his property in search of a blood trail, why not give him clothing advice too? Maybe driving advice? Weather updates? Heck, you can even throw in some astrology while you're at it.
(ya, I'm being sarcastic but you get the point)..

I understand the property thing is a big "hot button" for you.. but he's looking for help following a blood trail.. lets stick to that..
Whatever. You may be of the opinion that the advice I gave was unwarranted. However, the other members don't. So, I'm going to go with the majority opinion on this and not your's.

Now, you may be correct and he could very well be surrounded by miles and miles of public land. Then again, he may not. You can't tell by his post can you? So when he asks for advice about recovering the deer (which the entire post is about) it seems logical to make sure the given advice doesn't get him into any possible legal trouble. Verifying he has permission is something that will prevent such issues. You may be comfortable working on the assumption that he can just go on with the blood trail without considering such things, I however am not, which is why I mentioned it. In my experience, assumption without verification is the mother of most major screw-ups and can easily be avoided.

Now, you are welcome to disagree with any advice I give the man but I will point out that you have yet to show where the advice lacks validity. In other words, you are being obtuse simply for the sake of being obtuse due to the fact that we have differing view points about property boundaries. Or is there another underlying issue I'm not aware of? Remember, advice is merely a suggestion. Nobody can force anybody else to take action on it. It isn't "telling" someone to do something, rather it is an offer of possible solutions and it is up to the person doing the asking, and not you, to decide which course of action to pursue. You don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Last edited by flags; 12-20-2013 at 10:33 PM.