HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honesty question
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 05:23 AM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

I think its all about intent also. You drive the roads and shoot deer at night, I'm calling the law. Hunt out of season, yep. Forget to tag your deer before dragging it out...or shoot a couple mins before/after legal shooting time, nope. I think as long as people are trying their best to stay within the law, I'm good with that. A buddy of mine shot a spike one time he thought was a doe. Just couldn't see the horns due to angle and distance. Accidents happen, no bad intent there.

I was at a funeral 2 weeks ago...ran into a guy I know who proceeded to tell me he's killed 6 bucks this year so far. Biggest was a basket 6pt. We are allowed 3 total. I guess he was bragging, though I really wouldn't consider it that. I said...6? You know you are only allowed 3. He just smirked, chuckled and shrugged it off. I've never hunted with this guy, and never will. I wouldn't turn him in either...and heck, I have no idea if he actually did it anyhow. Bragging about killing 6 small bucks is about as stupid as it gets.

Heck, I know of several guys in WV that have hunted their whole life...and kill anything they want and as many as they want, and have never checked a deer in ever. I know this to be fact, but its none of my business and they aren't friends of mine. Ironically, they do stay within the seasons and don't shoot them out of season...and get mad when folks poach on thier property. LOL, go figure.

Break the law enough...you'll eventually get whats coming to you.