HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie Camo Screw Up... Need Help Recovering please
Old 12-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Murdy
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by theshark
ScentBlocker RainBlocker Jacket/Pants.. I have the Jacket and Bibs.. very DRY and warm.. Hunted in steady rain the entire day. I was dry.. I will say they are not Brier proof. I did get a small rip which was repaired by iron patching. Got them at dicks for $ 69.99 each on sale. Very dry.
I have a scent-blocker / goretex rain jacket. When you think about it, this makes no sense. You have to run the scent-blocker material at high heat to "recharge" it, but you'll ruing the goretex, because the high heat will destroy its breathability (I assume pores in the goretex material get sealed by the heat). (I must have hit the same sale at Dick's, I bought them, but don't think I would again.)

============
"Problem with layering for me is that I find once I'm strapped to the tree with a harnesses, adding/removing layers becomes more challenging. If you know a good system to do it please do let me know."

Put your harness on under some of your outer layers. I never have had a problem slipping a jacket on over my harness.

Last edited by Murdy; 12-15-2013 at 07:21 PM.