HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Honesty question
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jpbowhunter
Just this year a guy who I've been best mates with since I was a kid wanted to get into deer hunting. I took him to a couple of my spots (which he's since gone back to himself I've found out and taken more of his freinds) and even helped him get his first fallow buck. He offered to take me hunting with himself, his brother and another mate of his one weekend so I did. We hunted some public land without seeing anything and it was a great hunt. Afterwards though they decided to drive in National Park and see if they could find something which is illegal here. I said "Get effed" but seeing as I was in the middle of the bush with them and no way out I was stuck. I packed my gun and ammo away as the law required and said "I'm having nothing to do with this" and just sat in the back saying and doing nothing just wanting it to be over. They drove along and eventually saw two young stags, my "friends" brother shot one and he dropped on the spot while the other took off. They managed to intercept the other young one and as I was in the best position he threw the gun into my lap and said "Shoot it". I unloaded the gun, said "there is no effing way I'm doing any such thing" and watched the poor young stag finally make a getaway.

Because they were family friends and our old mans are mates I was at a big moral crossroads. In the end I decided not to report them but decided never to hunt with them again. In fact the first brother that I was good friends with just yesterday asked well actually more stated that he "can't wait to go back to MY good spot" that I'd taken him to previously. Just like the spoilt bugger to invite himself to my good hunting grounds I was nice enough to introduce him to. I said no chance buddy!

There's one reason why I hunt alone. I have a lot more, but that's a good one.