HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking to purchase a few new trail cams. Advice?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:06 AM
pnut
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dbllunged
Go on Ebay and search out Moultrie M-80XD. Then look for these cameras with 2 year warranty listed by them. I can not remember the company selling them but they are the best deal on the internet. I own 4 of these cameras now and will be purchasing a couple more from this same company (vminnovations could be the company name). Great battery life, great picture quality, easy to use/setup, and very reliable makes these cameras my number 1 choice.

Keep in mind I used to use Reconyx (which are great cameras also; I have no complaints) But when I had a camera stolen it scared me into selling my Reconyx cameras and buying something less expensive so my wallet would not empty out so fast if a thief found another one of my cameras.
I bought my dad one of those Moultrie M-80XD last yr and it's the biggest POS I've ever seen.
He wasn't getting any pics even when he was sitting in the stand and seeing them right in front of the camera.
So I put my Scoutguard right above it and it was taking about 1 pic per every 10 of my Scoutguard.
Trigger absolutely sucks balls on that camera.