HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Insurance - Opinions??
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
deernmusky
Spike

Default Hunting Insurance - Opinions??

So I have been talking to a land owner for the last few months about bowhunting permission on his land. This land is in a small town and is in more of a urban type setting however it is about 300 acres with 50% of it wooded. He is a developer and this parcel someday might be a subdivision, but I am not worried about this because I think it is in the far future. Anyways his hold up with granting permission is the fact that he does not want any of the liability issues. I told him that I would be willing to sign something stating the I would take full responsibility of any injuries that I may cause. He is worried that say I was to accidently shoot someone and they sued me, If I could settled the amount owed then it would come back at him. I can understand in a sense where he is coming from, because this is his career and business.

So My question is has anybody ever purchased Hunter Liabilty Insurance http://www.qdma.com/corporate/hunting-land-insurance ..
It seems like this would be just what he is looking for and it is fairly reasonable $200/season. I woulded have a issues with the price since a lease is far more and the Land is minutes from my home. Just curious if anybody has run into this or has any other ideas.... Thanks