HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I stick it out through December??
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
kenified06
Fork Horn

I'm still happy to be in the woods I'd hunt year round if I could. Just this one deer has had me Ignoring my other hunting areas and putting to much focus on just him with no results. The area Im hunting this deer is a secluded 20 acre field. With about 20 acres of thin hardwood on one side. On the other sides of the property is thick pine, laural and everything nice to bag a monster. Problem is I do no own any of that land where the bedding, staging, and big boy rutting takes place. All I can do is hunt the feeding area and wait for something to slip up.. They rarely do. I have never heard a shot over on the other property so I was thinking about asking for permission to bow hunt it next year. I really am in the dark without being able to set cameras in the key areas over there. As far as my doe population coming into the field, there is about 10 mature does, 4 yearling does, 3 button bucks. They are the regulars in the evening. From the summer and the pictures I do have of bucks this fall I have 12 different bucks on camera. I don't know if any does would need to be taken at this time.