HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Neighbor Problems
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 10:34 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murby
There's no logic in that thought... Once a deer has been taken, it is no longer there and thus no motive...
Now if you were broadcasting photos from your trail camera, that I could understand..

But just because someone takes a buck on your property does not by any means indicate there is another there that is equal or greater.

If I told you I was walking down 5th street and found a $50 bill on the sidewalk, would you go to where I found it and look for more? What if I found only $5 or as much as $50K?

I understand it is a bit different, but not by much. Bucks don't congregate at the local bar or have a favorite tree they hang around.. They roam like teenagers looking for a piece of azz..

Furthermore, the fact that the two property lines are, in fact, just one line, the OP is more or less hunting the same exact population as his neighbor is.. unless we're talking about a property line that stretches several miles, but I doubt that's the case here.

Without regard to the above statements, my original thought still stands as the best advice.. Go coordinate with the neighbor and draft him into your team so that you have influence.. Sharing the harvest and only taking half is much better than going to war and getting nothing...
I'd have to disagree with your analogy 100%.......Do $50 bills seek out certain habitats? Because mature bucks certainly do and they will absolutely be found year after year in these habitats. Nothing is etched in stone but certain areas will hold big bucks every year.
I hunt a 500 acre farm and Ive seen 3 monsters in the last 2 years...all 3 in the same small portion of the farm.