HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help with Neighbor Problems
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Set up a dummy blind where they can easily see it and let them fool around there while you quietly hunt another place. Frankly, if they are setting up on their own property or on property they have permission to hunt, there isn't much you can do about their stand placement as long as it isn't on your land. It may be rude, but it ain't illegal.

As to the trespassing, if I knew where they were driving the ATVs onto the property, I'd be thinking about burying a couple boards with nails driven through them on your side of the property line. 4 flats may make them think about not doing it again. If they moved a corner post, go to the county courthouse and get the legal description of the property boundaries and be sure you're right. If you are, move the post back where it should be and make sure it is made of metal and set in concrete. Then take a photo of it to show it is in the legal place. if they move it again, call the law. It goes without saying if your land isn't posted, do so right now!
100% agree...get it surveyed, posted...call the sheriff for trespassing violations...If they get mad their atv's got punctured tires tell them to quit trespassing...

I have neighbors to my north that are PIA...they seem like Eco terrorist tree huggers that don't want the deer killed. they try ruining my hunts all the time. by making noise...they are two-faced as well...because I'm 99.9% positive they stole my game camera off MY property...although I couldn't prove it...I had foot prints coming from their property to mine...
So anyways I still hunt anyway...We've taken couple deer this year off my property...that's all that matters to me..
Originally Posted by CVG Ohio
I agree with Murby that you should have a civil discussion after the season and before the next season. I do agree that " no trespassing" signs along with good boundry stakes will also help your position. If you are mad/pee-od when you go to see them it will not help and only hurt your position.

CVG Ohio
They aren't civil enough to leave you alone so why even bother talking to them...IMO..

Id just get as far away from them on your property and set it up for hunting there, I woulndt even tell them what you are doing..have a decoy blind and maybe put a mannequin in there with some hunter orange on so while they try messing it up for your mannequin you can be hunting elsewhere on your property.