HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How can we make hunting more popular among young people?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
My 3.5 year old loves to hunt. They either like it or don't. Start changing something to "appeal" to the ones who don't like it and there goes the sport right down the drain.

Its up to the seasoned hunters to take a child by the hand and show them what its all about.
yup...trying to get my step-daughter into deer hunting but she doesn't have the patience..she did shoot a couple game birds this season so its a slow track but maybe she'll get interested more on deer one day...
Originally Posted by rockport
I'm probably in the minority but I don't like what the whole thing has become. Pay a couple grand, get dropped off at a stand, shoot deer when they walk by,have them throw it in the back of your truck, drive it down the road and pay somebody else to get it out of your truck and give you a call when they have turned it into food ....just not the way its supposed to happen IMO. Might as well just go to the grocery store and buy some food then go down to the sporting goods store and pick yourself up a nice trophy

I have an unpopular opinion on this topic usually. I also don't agree with teaching a kid its supposed to be easy. I totally disagree with that philosophy. Hunting is cold, it test your patients, it test your skill,it test your desire.

The feeling at the end is supposed to be a proud sense of accomplishment, the payoff for hard work IMO not just a cheap thrill from killing.

The harder it is the better the reward not the other way around. How can you teach a kid how to hunt by taking the hunt out of hunting?
Pay a couple grand?? I love deer hunting...but im not paying that! I'll self guide my hunts thanks...lol