HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nonresident hunters rights
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 08:24 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
What's even more annoying is when one of these NR hunters who took our tags comes on forums, and asks us where to hunt.
Yeah. I've been trying to draw a Unit 2 either sex tag for almost 2 decades. For all that time I put in for preference points as first choice and hunted cows in unit 2 on my second choice or got an over the counter bull tag and hunted either 3, 15 or 18. I've finally got enough preference points to draw it. All I have to do is be stateside during the season.

One year the state went to the so called hybrid system (to pacify the recent transplants) and they basically took some of the tags away from those trying for years to draw and gave them to people with 5 points. The first year they did that, some guy from Los Angeles actually sent me a PM on another forum that I posted a lot on elk saying he had drawn the Unit 2 tag in the hybrid draw and he would "really appreciate" it if I would give him pointers on where to go since I'd been hunting cows all those years. Talk about pissing me off! This clown got a tag I've been trying to get for nearly 20 years and then he wants me to tell him where to hunt.

I promptly told him where to go and the quickest route to get there. Later I saw his name in the Boone and Crockett Club's magazine called Fair Chase. He took a bull that officially scored 379 and made the book. Sometimes there just isn't any justice in the world!

I've always thought the really premium tags for elk/deer and all the tags for sheep, goat and moose in CO should be reserved for the residents as pay back for all the taxes we have to shell out.

Last edited by flags; 11-23-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: typo