HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 PM
Elkhunter1965
Spike

Default Pike County Illinois Whitetails

Would hunting in Pike County Illinois interest you?

We own 470 acres of land hunted by me and my son. Since 2010 we have harvested 4 bucks over 150" with two at 160". Managed for trophy bucks with our goal of taking only 140" deer or above. Great mix of timber and crop land. Lots of stand sites and food sources. Crops consist of corn, soybeans and red clover. Fishhook creek runs through the property with ponds and additional drainages.

Most of our neighbors have a similar goal to us in managing for trophy whitetails. Acres under management would be around 1100 in one block of land.

While Pike County is world renowned for trophy whitetails almost no public land exists so to hunt here you must hire an outfitter, own land lease land, or swap a hunt.

If this is a deal that we like we have room in our 2600 square foot home for accomodations as the nearest hotel is 17 miles away. We have a refrigerator and freezer to store meat and capes if the weather is warm. Storage of gear would be in our garage attached to our home.

Retrieval of game is easy with our 4 wheelers and tractors.

I work for a community bank and my son works for an auditing company. I am very conservative in my values and demand honesty and fair treatment. I am a christian and do not drink, smoke or chew.

Let me know if this is of interest. Best wishes to you.