HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The one that got away...
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 AM
KyleCulwell
Spike

Default The one that got away...

My normal hunting spot has been great to me the last couple years, but this year it had cattle on it and I wasnt seeing anything. So, i went and asked for permission on some land and was granted it. This past Saturday I hung a tree stand at 2:00 and was in it with my wife at 3:00. I hit the rattling antlers and I had a monster on me within a couple minutes. The first pic is a zoomed in shot of a trail cam pic taken at 3:08! 30 seconds later he gave me a 20 yd shot with my bow and I dropped him in his tracks. He looked to be paralyzed and the shot was a little high so I assumed he was. I snapped one more pic while he was down (second pic, filtered to see antlers better). I didn"t shoot another arrow at him. Looking back I wish I would have! He got up about two minutes later and walked off. Good blood at shot site where he laid down, but 75 yds later no trace. Looked for two days with no luck. Absolutely sick to my stomach. I am just wondering what you guys think he may have scored. I am not real familiar with how to score racks.
Attached Images