HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My good deed!
Thread: My good deed!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 02:59 PM
deernutz
Nontypical Buck

Default My good deed!

Well this weekend was a good day a field. Didn't see any Elk cause our rd was impassable cause of snow drifts. Oh well gonna happen this time of year. I decided to hit a new chunk of public property. I found a state chunk and was glassing. When out of no where a really nice mulie buck with a doe came busting down a ridge in front of me. Got my heart pumping then I realized I filled my tag already. They just stayed in the same area for quite a while. As I started to pull back onto the rd. I thought about it. Here's this awesome buck that would make anyones season. So I decided to wait til a hunter passed. It took a little bit but a truck came rumbling towards me. I flagged them down and it turned out to be a father and son. I was like hey any of you two still have a buck tag. They kinda looked at me weird. I laughed and said hey theres a nice mulie in the canyon behind me with a doe you should go get him. Within ten minutes I heard Bang. I walked over and his son had shot him. I helped drag it to their truck since the dad was kinda out of shape. Helped load it and shook hands and went home. Driving home it felt really good to know I just helped a kid get his buck he's always dreamed about. Sometimes it not about you filling your tag but watching someone else do it!