HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ozonics
Thread: Ozonics
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:49 AM
flyinlowe
Typical Buck

Maybe I am lucky but I have been hunting for about 20 years. Maybe there have been some deer that I never saw and they smelled me and turned away and I never knew it. However I do very basic scent elimination. I keep my cloths in a plastic bag with a fresh earth scent wafer. The guy I hunt with (and ride to the woods with) smokes. My boots sit in his garage all season. I put my bibs and boots on and we drive 1/2 hour to our hunting location. He smokes at least one cigarette. Sometimes we stop at McDonalds for lunch before we go out in the afternoon. Sometimes he stops and pumps gas. So I am sure I have more then my fair share of scents on me when I go into the woods. I have had more deer then I could ever count come in and walk directly under or beside my stand. I also have at least one or two coyotes a year walk directly on the path that goes under my stand (the same one me and the deer use). If I am SITTING STILL I have never had a deer stop and bust me from what I would say was from their nose. I have sneezed, moved, banged my gun/bow while raising it etc. The farm we hunt has two stands in it so we can't hunt the wind. We both get a stand no matter what the wind direction is. I have killed a large number of deer on this farm at less then 30 yards. Again maybe I am just lucky but I think people put a little too much stock in scents and scent elimination. I used to have an Ozone air freshener in my house. Ozone itself has a distinct odor that deer have likely never smelled before. I would think this would put them on alert the same as any other foreign smell.