HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VA Hunters, How is Blackpowder Season Going?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:25 PM
VA5326
Typical Buck

Saw a ton of dead does on the side of the road the last two days. That's usually an indicator of things heating up at night. Several people I know in my area have been getting skunked (seeing zero deer) for several days in a row. I'm not sure what the heck is going on, but what I can say is that they are definitely hitting the only food sources available. All of our bucks were killed in secluded ag fields or in the vicinity to one. Any Ag field is absolutely HOT right now. I'm fortunate that we have several clover plots, soybeans, and corn fields specifically planted for hunting on my properties. Usually, this isn't the case in Virginia as it is in other states this time of year, but all the deer are hitting the only food sources available. I can't emphasize enough that hunting the food sources in the evenings is a must right now. Odds are, if you're sitting in an oak flat in the evenings right now you're not going to see much activity….