HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .270 for Elk
Thread: .270 for Elk
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 04:08 PM
finnbear
Fork Horn

God I love it!!! LOL!!!!!! the .270 and the 06 have been killing elk for years with those crappy old pointed soft points, silver tips, bronze tips and any other of the many bullets of old before anyone ever hear about a partitioned bullet or what ever premium type bullet you want to spout off about...how many elk and larger animals have succumbed to just a plain old lead ball???
I thank you all for the words of wisdom....but I will continue to use a old time real Winchester silver tip in 150grn being pushed out the muzzle of my .300 H&H for anything on the North American continent......bunch of you boys needed to talk to Roy Weatherby...he could tell you bunches about small calibers and lite bullets....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.257_Weatherby just sayin, and yeah he wanted to sell guns!!
I hunt deer and elk every year for meat, not once in a lifetime of every few years, every year...... I have a .338 but I don't use it, way to loud and much cheaper to shoot but it has not killed near the number of animals the .300 has