HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buck down 11-10-13
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 AM
mgreen81
Fork Horn

Default Buck down 11-10-13

Saturday evening was one of the best hunts I have been on in a long time. I had seen 7 bucks up to when I shot the 8th one. I had a nice 9 point behind me with a doe and he was grunting and roaring at her the entire time. I had never heard one grunt and roar for that long of a time he would do it for at least 30 seconds a time. He finally pushed the doe up under my stand and he was about 15 yards away when I seen the Wide 10 coming down the hill. When the 9 point seen him he ruffled up and started kicking leaves around and rubbing the tree in front of him and then he started to go towards the 10. The 10 stopped and ruffled up and threw some leaves around as well and started towards the 9 they squared off about 20 yards from me when I shot him quartering to me. Wasn't the best angle but the doe seen me draw back but the shot hit perfect and he ran 40 yards. We scored him at 150 gross and 144 net rounded to the nearest inch. Oh I forgot to mention I brought it home to have a picture with my 4 year old and 3 day old kid the best day ever.
Attached Images