HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Late rut in Virginia???
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 03:23 PM
kenified06
Fork Horn

Default Late rut in Virginia???

Ive been out hunting every day since halloween here in Southwest VA. Every evening i'm seeing 8-20 does and a few button bucks fill up the field. As of today I have yet to see a buck following any of the groups of does. Only bucks I have seen come out durring shooting hours at all was a pair of 6 pointers that fed together on the opposite side of the field and paying the does no attention 3 days ago. I have seen 7 different bucks on my trail cams coming into the field in the middle of the night. The three biggest bucks on my property have only visited the field one night each over the last 14 days and only appeared to be doing a quick doe check and leaving. No scrapes or rubs anywhere around. None of the bucks have swollen necks or appear aggressive at all and the does are showing no signs of being nervous. Looks like the warm weather has really backed things up this year. Cold front has came in today so maybe it will start to take off over the next few days. Keep going out expecting to see some chasing kickin off but so far nothing!