HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Edge. #6
Thread: Team Edge. #6
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 03:57 AM
PaBowSniper
Fork Horn

Hey guys......I had an interesting Friday to say the least. Shot doe in the am (Unfortunately only have 1 pic of just the doe and no field shot, so we might not get credit for it) and then shot this guy in the afternoon. This is one I call the Big 9. I got him on trail camera 4 times. 1 time in velvet and then 3 other times out of velvet (All at night - last time ended up being the morning I shot him). I never thought I would ever see him. I hung this stand on Tuesday of this week based on where I was seeing deer in this other ladder stand that is on the property. I got into stand about 1:30pm. I am set up at the edge of this overgrown field. I have a shooting lane cleared out into this field for about a 40 yard shot. There is a buck rub out there so I sprayed some Nightmare scent on it and on the ground and then hung up some Dead Red scent. It was an uneventful evening until about 6:25pm. I saw movement in front of me toward my left. I immediately glassed the deer and saw the crab claw on its right side. He walks from my left directly out in front of me right to my 40 yard lane. Gets to my scent and then stops and starts sniffing. By this time, I am already at full draw. He then turns away from me still smelling around. Now quartering away shot presents itself, I let it fly. I see my lighted knock hit and then stop! It looked light the perfect height on the deer but it didn’t look like good penetration. I heard the deer run off and a lot of loud crashing going on; however I didn’t think it was the deer going down b/c of how thick it was over there. I waited like an hour (a very long hour) and then got down to see if I could find my knock. I could not but was able to locate some blood and the blood was good. It was everywhere. Man was I happy! I then figured I must have stuck it in the opposite shoulder. At first I was thinking the front shoulder but not after seeing the blood. Marked the trail and went to truck to regroup. Came back and trailed it and found it where I last heard the crashing. I couldn’t believe it. I am still in awwwwww.
Attached Images