HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - God is Amazing
Thread: God is Amazing
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM
clydeNY
Spike

Originally Posted by straitR
It's that same amount of education that contributes to you agreeing with only what you can see, and the "science" you chose to believe.
I see this angle being worked all of the time. It always coming from a religious person who's trying to deny evolution, prove that we have "souls", etc. Coincidentally, it is also completely ignorant of the spirit of science. No one, and I mean no one is better positioned to understand the ways our world can/does subvert expectation than the scientifically literate. You need scientific literacy and knowledge in order to merely dip the tip of your big toe into the pool of what human understanding has to say about how appearances can be deceiving.

Also, science is ultimately a matter of leaving yourself open to better evidence and better ideas. It holds no theory so sacred that it can't be supplanted by a new one.

Evolution must be true, because an educated human says so. Who determines who is correct? Who determined the carbon dating method is correct? You're still choosing to believe in someone or something, it's just something other than God.
Evolution and radiometric dating are well-established fields. Versus one guy on a hunting forum. Let's be realistic here.

How do you know your great, great, great, great, great, great, great-grandfather existed? Where is your physical proof? You're here, so you take it for granted that he existed, that's faith.
I had to have a grandfather. How else would I be here? Maybe a wizard did it?