HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Rackoholics check in.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
RackLuster
Nontypical Buck

guys - I got real close on sunday night. I drew back on a decent buck. as I was drawing back my arrow fell off the string which spooked the deer just a little bit. I still almost got a shot off but he was just out of range. i'm actually not upset about it at all. I didn't really get a good look at his rack and I have a funny feeling he was smaller than what I would have been happy with. he snuck up on me and was moving pretty quick. when I saw him he was about 5 seconds from being in my shooting lane. if the arrow wouldn't have fallen off the string I probably would have shot him and missed out on the best part of the season. anywho...

I also have pictures of a really nice, wide 9 point. he's beautiful! I know roughly where he's hanging out and my favorite stand in the world is on a rub line that I think he made. i'm hunting sunday - Tuesday this week and will be focusing on him.

also been getting lots of pics of a decent 8 on my property. pretty sure i'll shoot him if given the chance. he probably scores about 95", maybe a bit less.

good luck this weekend guys, now is the time to sit as much as possible!