HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Few ar questions
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 04:52 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

My first plan was hunting defense but now im goin for just hunting. Besides any gun can be used for defense. Though i think a 50bmg might piss off a judge lol
Originally Posted by streetglideok
Here is what I mentioned in another post: http://www.mgi-military.com/index.php?id=1

I'd look at that, as that will give you a lot of options. The hydra will convert from the ar10 to ar15 platform quick and easily. I've seen one in person, it's really trick. The center piece of the AR system, the only thing I consider that makes it worthwhile to me(yes I own a delton frankengun) is adaptability due to ease of swapping parts. I prefer the Garand action in a battle rifle, or in a gun where reliability is paramount. That would be the M1, M1A, M14(rock and roll variant of the M1A), and mini-14/30. Scoping the M1A really requires a rail with extended eye relief, and stock isn't always a tack driver, but the gas system is battle proven(in a war we won). Not ideal for hunting, but I would take it over an AR10, and you are in the same neighborhood of pricing. Your first post is missing a word or two I think so it does not really make it clear if this a defense/hunting rifle, or strictly hunting.