HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Banded Game
Thread: Banded Game
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

I have too many to list. I'll just share a few of the special ones:

First goose I ever killed had a collar on it. Black with white letters, ohio resident bird. I shot the bird that was flying alongside it also (doubled up). That bird was also banded! First two geese I ever kill, both banded one with a collar. It was 12 years before I killed another goose with a band haha! Odd thing about these two birds. They were banded on EXACTLY the same day in June two years prior. One in Ohio and the other near Farmville, VA. I killed them on the James River in Va, just downstream from the hardware river.

I killed a banded mallard on Christmas Eve of 2003. Bird had been banded 12 years earlier. Didn't even have a phone number on it it was so old. Had been banded in Ontario. Wonder how many decoy spreads that bird saw in his life?

Killed a banded morning dove in a buddies front yard 5 years ago. It was banded about 300 yards away from where I killed it a year prior. Only dove band I have, they are pretty rare unless you hunt near where they are banded.

Shot a banded racing pigeon this year during dove season. Came from a club in Hyattsville, MD. Killed him in Suffolk, VA.

I think I have 6 geese and over 30 duck bands. A few private clubs and SCWA bands from when I lived in SC... the land of the released mallard.