HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st timer.....Mock scrapes??
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
jas511
Spike

Default 1st timer.....Mock scrapes??

I just started back deer hunting here in S.Carolina after nearly 15 years. I had to tell somebody this:

I made a mock scrape and hung the Tink's power scrape combo pack last night in about a 6ft. pine tree. I was definitely a little skeptical. Holy cow was I wrong! I had previously found about a 400 yd long rub/scrape line on the property I hunt. So, I had been doing some research and saw where a "mock scrape" was a good way to get a buck to show himself on a trail camera. I got him on the camera. Big 8 pt. I would guess he has about a 20" - 22" outside spread with extremely tall antlers. I'm guessing 18" high. This is a HUGE deer for my neck of the woods. He is the biggest buck I have ever seen that was not on TV. The problem is that he only shows up between about 12:00am and 3:00am. Here is my question: The rut is coming in about 2-3 weeks here in Central S. Carolina. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this big fella out during the daylight hours? Cause I know once the rut begins he will be all over the place after the does. Anyway, I am glad I found this forum and thanks in advance for any advice! Good luck to the rest of you hunters!!!