HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting in and around Richmond, Va
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:18 AM
hardwoodhank
Spike

Even out here in the corner of W Hanover/Goochland/Louisa Im running out of land too. Ive had a lease on 100 acres of really good land where I harvested several nice bucks during archery, muzzleloader, and firearms season but the local clubs are now flashing more cash than us individuals can afford to pay for these kinds of leases. Mine was even through a neighbor, but he said that they had offered a ton of money after they found out I had spent 2 years planting 2 acres of plots, managed bedding areas, and kept it "safe" for the deer from surrounding clubs.

Call it spoiled rotten, but I cant get into clubs in this area, because they are just not like you can go when you want, where you want, hang stands where you want without getting permission and standing the chance of other members using my stuff. When I hang a stand, its usually from scouting, and my equipment is expensive, hung high with ladder sticks, and hate when people feel free to just use my stuff without even a call for permission.

I have a few connections who own farms, like the 1000 acres across the street of soybean and standing corn who will let me and a few buddies get into a tree now and then, and some buddies have family owned land. Send me your digits and I will get in touch and let you know when an opportunity comes up.