HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peeing out of your stand
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:29 PM
hardwoodhank
Spike

Originally Posted by Murby
My wife and I used to go camping/hunting together... In fact, our honeymoon was actually a huntingmoon. (Ya, my wife is that cool! and hot too!)

I have a farmer friend with 1000 acre dairy farm and he'd shut down the back 400 acres for my wife and I to do whatever...

So we did all this hard-core camping and my wife would sit in my truck several hundred yards away and watch me with binoculars while I was in my tree stand. I was usually parked on the side of a tree lined cornfield that had been chopped down so it was relatively easy for her to see me.

Anyhow.. after 3 or 4 hours, she would eventually have to step out of the truck to go pee.. I could see her from my elevated tree stand..

After several years of this routine, I noticed something very strange.. every time she was menstruating and went pee next to the truck, a buck would walk right up to the truck and hang around for a while..

It was so reliable, I started having her pee about 30 yards in front of my stand whenever she could. It worked every freaking time.

To this day, I am still amazed... Corn, pumpkins, apples, etc.. nothing works like a little bloody pee!
That reminds me of about 25 years ago a hunting buddy used to wrap up his girls tampons when she was having her period and hang them from a tree....actually shot a buck that had stopped to investigate. I just could never bring myself to even think this way. I mean how do you ask for it? Could you imagine coming across one hanging on a limb while hunting....I think I would spook every deer in a mile by laughing my tail off.