HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thump, mule kick, no pass thru, no blood
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
hardwoodhank
Spike

RECOVERED

This buck ran 300 yrds with the new Rage 3 blade entering right behind his left shoulder and splitting his sternum...oh, and his shoulder was shattered. I held off until my 9 year old mini hunter daughter got home and we did a grid search towards a bedding area I know of, since I had the convenience of a 37 degree day today. I had my chocolate lab and her head straight where I saw him head to until he was out of sight, and as we approached the power lines where I know he was heading, my daughter had picked up a trickle of blood and then my arrow...minus a foot of it...and then she yelled that she had found him.

People, this is why you start your kids in hunting and fishing early. When she was 5 she could sit for several hours in a blind with me and can handle a 410, and a marksman with her 10-22. She actually helped me gut him there, which Ive seen grown men puke doing, and we drug him until I could get the ATV to get him back to the barn to skin and quarter.

This broadhead did extensive damage, as soon as I opened his diaphragm every bit of blood in his body poured out. I ended up getting one lung and bulls eye on his heart, after it exploded the top of the shoulder. I haven't been on here in a couple years here, so I don't know if my pictures will be deleted, but I wanted to show just how much a 9 year old beauty queen loves to hunt, and actually can carry her weight when it comes to cleaning the harvested animal. If anyone thinks Im wrong for doing this with her, as a father, you have no clue the joy and pride in watching your child have a passion that you can share.

DO NOT EVER GIVE UP! Special thanks to Robs post, but with an obvious mule kick and no blood or arrow, you have a mortally wounded animal, so give it time, and do our hunting privilege the courtesy of getting the harvest. And take your kids hunting with you, they might enjoy it as much as you.

" />

" />