HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - God is Amazing
Thread: God is Amazing
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Murby
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Erno86
Some guys get religion while sitting in a foxhole on a battlefield, that is about to turn into a gory battle.
I almost died once.. I had a plugged artery (left anterior descending) and it caused me to have a heart attack just after loading some heavy boxes into my truck.
I was driving when it happened and had to pull over and call an ambulance.

I remember loosing all strength and control in my muscles and my vision slowly degrading into a narrow tunnel with my peripheral vision going completely black.. Sound and noise faded off as I lost my hearing and light became dark.

I thought for sure "this was it" and I was going to die at an early age..
Interestingly, my thoughts were of my wife and all the good times we had together hunting, traveling, and doing what we wanted. I experienced no fear and the only major regret was not having a child at the time. (fixed that one! LOL)..

So I believe that those who "find religion" at a moment when they think they are going to die are exhibiting a last ditch desperate grasp to find a way of dealing with their situation. I personally believe this behavior to be a weakness in the area of self awareness and awareness of ones own environment. Praying to god to help when you are scared and/or hugging a teddy bear are the same behaviors. It means your brain can't, or doesn't want to deal with the current situation and is seeking a way to cope.