HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thump, mule kick, no pass thru, no blood
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 AM
hardwoodhank
Spike

Default Thump, mule kick, no pass thru, no blood

My first pin on sight is set at 20 yrds, but this morning I had an unusual shot at about 15 feet from stand at 20 feet high. Shooting the new 3 blade Rage and put first pin about 8 inches below vitals and released...good thump, huge mule kick, and he ran like he was lost. Crashing into about every sapling and not really jumping while a deer usually runs. I climbed down and no arrow to check for blood color, no blood on ground, and I had an opportunity after shot to watch him run 50 plus yrds out of sight and never heard him crash. I waited a good bit and started to look in the path he ran, but not a drop of blood, and no arrow knocked off as he was running into trees and running like he was drunk. I am about as lost as he is right now, so I am going to wait it out until about noon (shot was made about 7:30 am). Any suggestions as to why I would get such a good reaction like his high mule kick, no pass through, with such an obvious thump as he was hit? Think I got his opposite shoulder? Why not a drop of blood when I watched him obviously wounded good running the way he was? Any suggestions?