HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are there any purists here?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 PM
idahoron
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Ron.........I'd say his gun is closer to replicating a real gun of early 1800's. That being the Hawken which had a 1-48 twist, and some were as short as a 30" barrel.

Your gun is a mixture of many guns, and your sight is far advance to peep sights back then.

Having just a primitive ML season isn't the total answer. Two ML seasons is the answer to satisfy everybody. One primitive, and one we can call modern ML season. Colorado doesn't seen interested in the idea. I've asked, and still think it would be popular. It wouldn't take money for the DOW, but add it.
That would be your opinion but it is wrong in my opinion. There is no gun from the mid 1800's that resembles the TC hawken flint lock. So his is just as far away from the target as mine are.
Yes mine is a mixture but the over all "technology" is the same. If your talking HC/PC his gun is wrong and mine is wrong too. But if your talking are they a reasonable likeness in technology they are both in the ball park but for different venues. As far as my peep, your wrong. The Gibbs and Whitworth sights were far superior they went out to and over 1000 yards. A lyman 57 sml is not going to get you to 1000 yards. But they both work the exact same way.

Two hunts didn't work in Idaho either. There is not enough support. Who would get the buck tags? It pitted one group against another. This type of splitting hair's for hunts is not the answer at all. Who would want their own hunt next cowboy action shooters?

I still say if a person wants to be PC/HC they do that for them self's. That is something they strive to do on their own. They have the satisfaction of doing it. The only problem is once most guys go PC/HC they insist that everyone should be like them. Then they pick those guys apart that try to be HC/PC. I know I have been in those clubs and they suck.
Ron