HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1nfringe
Thread: Team 1nfringe
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 PM
hatchet jack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Here's the bad news. I'm not going to be much help, other than moral support, for Team 1nfringe...

The good news. We have a buck going into our tally. Both Mother Nature and South Dakota were very good to me. With all the snow it was just a matter of reading the landscape. 43 inches of the white has a way on concentrating the critters. I found a spot Saturday on public land which looked as ripe as ripe could be. A quick climb with my climber had me perched in the cat's seat, and it wasn't much of a wait for the action to begin. Within ten minutes of reaching 20 feet, I had deer filtering past. I evenutally counted over sixty deer by dusk. At one point I had 10 spikers directly below me. I saw a total of 12 shooter bucks-at least what I would consider a shooter for the area. I nailed this buck with about 30 minutes of legal light left. He's not big by mid-west standards, but he's a tad better than average for the Black Hills. I will tape him tomorrow...
Congrats Huckleberry on your Buck! Nice ! Im kinda waiting for the weather get cool. Been out a few times and nothing to throw a arrow at yet. The good/great hunting is still a few weeks away for me. Going to take lots of time off late Oct and early Nov. Its so damm hot around my parts still. Team is on the board again!!! Thats GREAT!!! Good luck Team and be safe. Check back when I can.

Hatchet Jack