HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Meatlocker???
Thread: Meatlocker???
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Murby
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
He is talking about something you can hang a deer in. The op that is.
As someone who designs things for other people, I have learned to listen to what the customer wants, not what they say.
If you read his post carefully, I think you would agree he is interested in just cooling the carcass off so he doesn't have to skin and process it immediately after the kill.

While hanging in a cooler, as opposed to laying it down in the cooler, does have its advantages, I do not think those minor issues outweigh the significant additional costs of building something from scratch.

We're talking about $150 vs. $1000 or more.

And a tip to the OP...
If you do insist on building it, use FRP panels to line all the inside except the floor. Be sure to seal the concrete floor with epoxy sealer and make sure you slope it to a drain in the middle. Also, if you use 2x4 construction, put down a single row of cinder blocks and fill them with cement as the base for the wall so that your wood structure is completely isolated from any spray and bleach cleaning episodes.

As the other poster said, a refrigeration unit is a refrigeration unit.. its all in the control.