HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HELP! A few questions for a class I am taking for you whitetail fanatics
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
NjHunter85
Fork Horn

1- $565
2- id be willing to pay more for a world renowed taxidermist or for some special mount. $565 was the basic shoulder mount.
3-factors would be the past work from the taxidermist, the style of mount, and most importantly the time period.
4-i've seen guys mount everything(does, spikes, 8 pointers, 12 pointers). Your first buck no matter what size I would mount for fun and after that id say anything from a small 8 point and above
5-Yes
6-Most important. nothing is worse than shooting a nice rack and waiting forever to put it on the wall
7-quality/time
8-really just the style of mount(id pay more for a full shoulder mount turned sideways, id pay more for a full body mount and I would def. pay more for a mount that had habitat like you said around it. Like a fox on a log with grass behind it or pheasant with grass around it or something.
9-depends on how good or bad the work is. Sometimes its not necessarily bad work just their style of work might be different than what I was looking for. But yes I would say it would affect it but only very small.
10-I feel that should be included in the price of a mount considering its not cheap to begin with. Most taxidermists should stand behind their work just like any other random product on the market.

cool questions man something different for a change. ha good luck