HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Frustrating Hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lukec19834
Well, we shoot younger deer 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 on our 100 acre farm and only have a back 40 that's wooded and once every couple years a mature buck clams its stakes there and during the rut not to many come thru and we have 4 hunters that hunt it. So I guess my question is how much land is the family farm ? is it large enuf to keep deer living on it or is it a back 40 like mine? also is there other hunters out there in your hunting neighborhood and surrounding farms? because if your the only one that's QDM you might as well shoot the small ones too or you wont get nothing. in our neighborhood we got about 1700 acres of land that consists of about 12 land owners
trying to get every one on the same page is hard might as well through it deer management out the window. We got one guy that thinks you don't need to shoot doe's and that throes off the ratio and there is us that want to keep the does down so the bucks roam, then another thinks that if no does are shoot the bucks stay on there farm, then one other guy dose not give a **** and shoots buck fawns.! so I here your struggle but you should look at all the situations you might face and settle for what you got.
Because it takes a lot of land to own to manage deer the correct way. hope this helps and yes win the powerball LOL
and that's why the Fish and game/dnr/game warden of your state regulates the tags...