HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New to this
Thread: New to this
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned....what State are You Hunting in?

I like the light recoil of a .243,30-30 or a 7mm-08 other larger caliber Rifles are nice also and the Remington Managed Recoil help tame them down!

For a good reasonably priced Rifle the Savage Axis would be a good choice,a plain Black Rifle is cheaper (under $300.00) and You can add a better scope and still be under Your $600.00 Goal,the Axis with a scope package can be bought for around $375-$450.00 Range when shopping around for the best price and the Bushnell or Nikon scopes are decent well made scopes on the Savage Axis Rifles.There are several Calibers to choose from also.

The Ruger American Rifle is another affordable Entry Rifle available in several Calibers and can be bought for around $329-$375.00 price range then You need to choose a good scope.Ive seen the Leupold Rifleman scopes for sale under $200.00 in the Sportsmans Guide catalog...the 3x9x40mm is a great scope!

I can't seem to find a good used Rifle and I'm always afraid that it wasn't taken good care of so I opt to buy *New and know I'm getting a good Rifle!