HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 243 for elk
Thread: 243 for elk
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:00 PM
homers brother
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I've never bagged an elk with a .23 and never will. It's not the right tool for the job. Most elk hunters are smart enough to realize that fact.

We will never know if you really bagged one or not with a 243 because BS is BS and one never knows if a BS'er is BSing or not. In other words, I don't believe a thing you have to say anymore. Have a nice day Homer.
Well, here's Judge Luckydog again, the knower of all things.

What it really comes down to is that no one here has any more credibility than anyone else does. For all we really know, you park yourself in front of your TV and watch hunting shows while you polish your prized .300 WSM. We don't know that you really hunt at all, other than what you tell us about. Does that make you a BSer?

It's very simple. Unless you were "Sales Rep: 58NW", you don't have a clue what happened at "18:12:11" on "9/24/10". I still have the CR Receipt (Invoice HZ2926458), you don't have anything other than your opinion. Unless you were my college roommate from 1983-1985 and hunted elk with me those seasons with your .30-30 in the Medicine Bow N.F., you won't know that the only rifles I owned then were a .22LR and a .243. I have the memories of our not relying on ramen noodles for dinner every night. You have nothing more than your opinion. As far as anything I've done or will do, the only thing you'll ever have of them will be your opinion. So, go ahead Judge Luckydog, judge away.

I'm not going to call you a BSer because I'm smart enough to know better than to question or judge the experiences of others when I've not been a participant. I might take something you say with a grain of salt, but I'm not going to take a risk responding to you with something that I can't back up with more than just my opinion.

You have a nice day too, CLD. For both our sakes, I hope hunting season gets here soon.