HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broad head question
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:20 AM
bghunter777
Fork Horn

The majority of instances Rage work fine but they are not designed well and anybody who has not been blinded by the cult like following will realize this in time. Scenario " poor penetration" the Rage cult "they will do anything and everything in there power to blame the archer" yes most of the time Rage failing to penetrate is on less than perfect shots. That being said why use a head that is not going to perform as well as many others would when contacting bone.

We choose expensive broadheads for their ability to perform when we don't make a perfect shot. Any head on the market will kill a deer just as dead if you 10 ring them. I want a head that I can have confidence to give me the best opportunity at recovering my game when I don't do my part.

Maybe you guys make perfect shots on every animal you shoot! I however have not always hit every animal exactly where I was aiming. Years of watching Rage simply fail other archers "its not an opinion" its a fact they do not penetrate as well on bone as other heads. They are put together poorly if you want to continue to be a blind follower to each his own. I owe it to the game and to myself to make every effort to put that animal down even if I dont make a perfect shot.

I won't sleep as well if i give the Rage cult answer "well shooter error I should practice more and not hit the shoulder and I won't have to worry about getting 3 inches of penetration" I agree I should not hit the shoulder but if I do I want something that gives the best chance at recovering that animal. and RAGE THAT IS NOT!