HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - list of problems/concerns i have
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Joe Wats
Spike

Default Big & J BB2

What a disaster! I put this stuff in my corn feeder and put out a block. The corn feeder I had been using for a year was clogged up in a couple of days. The smell turned putrid and it started growing some kind of plant. I had to empty it all out and then I tried it again, same results. Cleaned it out a again and put just corn in it and it works fine. The block was gone in two days, looked like a raccoon had rolled it away on the second day. The inch or two of material left at bottom of block turned black and smelled like a cross between a carcass and feces. Attracted thousands of flys and took two weeks for the stench to dissipate. I still have a block and a bag of this stuff and can't think of anyone I dislike enough to give it to! Not only did I not have any deer on my camera eating this stuff, the deer at my best spot dissappeared all together. Just fortunate I tried it early enough to get rid of it before the season started. All I can think about is they never tried it in the south. Worst, messiest, most disgusting attractant I have ever tried. Makes me sick to see them hustling people on TV, almost as sick as the smell after a few days on the ground.
Originally Posted by gonzo1029
When just going out to check on/freshen up feeders and mineral spots I'm not to worried about scent. I spray with Dead Down Wind once before I head out. I use Big & J's product BB2 XX concentrated and mix the 20lb bag with 50lb of corn. BB2 adds some extra minerals and also deer prefer the mix to just plain corn.