HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Exotics are Destroying our Hunter Heritage.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Chopayne
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by maindivideoutfitters
High Fenced hunting has been brought about by the ability of some hunters and if nobody hunted high fence there would not be a market for it. i see how you guys can get upset with it all i do not condone it. but to be honest. i know in new zealand if you wanted to hunt animals free range in there natural enviroment is a lot of work can take weeks to shoot the right animal where in a high fenced area it would only take a couple of days. i take an lot of pride in hunting free range here in New Zealand and outfitting it to the world makes it so much more enjoyable to get good keen DIY hunting type of guys there first red stag, tahr, chamoi, fallow, sika, whitetail free range in nz.
By that same reasoning, guns wouldn't exist if no one used them, or cars wouldn't exist if there was not a market. Off point, but in NZ, are there free ranged Red Stag? I believe they were imported over right? From what ive read, I think the reason behind red stag high fenced hunt is to protect their investments in growing them so that people have the ability to hunt them.

I may be totally wrong though as I know nothing about free range in NZ.