HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stand or Stalk???
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 AM
leo new
Fork Horn

the county i live in, and the 3 adjoining county's are bow only. surrounded by county's with gun seasons. very rugged terrain, extra steep with thick woods. glass is all but useless, cant see more than 50-100 yards either way.
it's mostly (land company) property, thousands of acres, you can hunt it but i wouldn't advise leaving a stand. it would probably be out of the woods before you are. the hatfield mccoy trail system runs through the entire area. ground blinds from surrounding brush may be an option. i will try that first, got an awesome spot picked out. several low saddles, small valley in between with a creek bottle necking in the center. there are so many deer tracks in the mud it looks like the surface of the moon... deer, bear, turkey, and of course squirrel. speaking of mr bushy tail, less than 24 hours to go... i still haven't decided, take the 12? the .22? or the gamo?
i think my dog (candy bear) knows something. she keeps going to my truck and crying at the door... she looses her mind if i so much as look at one of my guns. how does she know they moved squirrel season up this year??? lol.