HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets see some of your Hogs-Exotic pics
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:49 PM
der Teufel
Fork Horn

Went out hog hunting again the past weekend with a buddy. We saw absolutely nothing Friday and Saturday, not even tracks. Sunday we'd about given up and were on our way back in when we saw this large boar. My buddy jumped out of the truck and nailed it with his .30-06. We estimated the weight at close to 250 Lbs. We dragged it to the rear of the truck, and my buddy grabbed the hind legs and I got the forelegs. "Lift on three" I said, "one, two, THREE !! (grunt)" We got it about a foot off the ground and neither of us could lift it any higher. My buddy then got up on the tailgate and I handed him the hind legs. I climbed up and we each grabbed a hoof. Using our legs for power we stood and lifted the back side of the hog up then walked backwards to drag it onto the tail gate. Even at that it was a bit of a struggle. We skinned it and cut off the leg quarters and backstraps plus some of the meat outside the ribs. After breakfast we cut the meat off the bones and took it into the local processor to have sausage made. The processor weighed the meat at sixty pounds. That's a bunch of meat from one hog!

Last edited by der Teufel; 09-05-2017 at 09:42 AM.