HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Arrow Rest For Cold Weather?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 04:46 AM
dsotm223
Spike

I Think the issue your having with the QAD is that the hunter version has no brake system to prevent the rest from bouncing back up, thus the slight fletching contact. You can remedy this by an upgrade. As far as reliability in cold weather I have an hdx and have used it in 10 degrees with wind chills in the negatives and hand no issues. Now, switching to the whisker biscuit will definitely eliminate the bounce back issue, but some things to consider are it will slow your rig down, approx. 10 fps in my personal testing, and also there is a higher possibility of losing accuracy. That's not to say the whisker biscuit isn't an accurate rest, but a drop away is so good because after you release the arrow it has a very short span of contact with the rest which means any torquing of the bow done after the release doesn't mean much, with a whisker biscuit the arrow fully contacts the rest through the entire release meaning any torque will affect your arrow accuracy. Just some food for thought.