HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My First Kill (sort of)
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

First off, to the OP, if you truely are a Veteran, Thank You.
As an Illinois Hunter Safety Instructor, I have to agree that posting such a thing as "Popping a beer" while in the stand is bad enough, but with others in the stand at same time, might as well have said that you were drinking to get better aiming qualities. By the grace of god, you were able to find the deer and not had to shoot it again while walking around in the timber with others in tow with a loaded firearm(s) while under the influence or intoxicated.
As far as TopGun 3006 and Psylocide go, they are correct with their intentions and their direction to the forum rules that we EACH have to adhere to.
To North22. It is my opinoin that you gave this guy a grgeen light "Atta Boy" to continue to do as he did/does. I as well have hunted the north as well in both some very nice camps as well some just thrown up tent camps. Yes, we did endeavor some adult beverages. AFTER the weapons, firearms as well as the knives, were put away and the hunt was over except over the campfire. You stated that we made it a Federal case. Do you realize that if he was on Federal land that it could and would be a federal violation?
The anti's make up enough against us hunters without us giving them more to use to fuel their campaign to stop our beloved sport.