HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Stand Shooting tips, Please
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 04:41 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

I always sight in from a stand, it's where the arrows coming from and hitting the x from up there is the goal. My arrows hit high from a stand for some reason, so on the ground from the same distance I'm hitting about an little low. I don't mind hitting low, lot of vitals down there. but hitting high can miss the lungs.

If you know what kind of shots you'll have to make practice them, in fact try shooting super close, normal distance and far, you'll be surprised

Aim for the exit hole on the animal.

People say to bend at the waist, that's the goal, but I don't bend so well so I say hit what your aiming at and I do shooting the way I do, don't fight a shot, make it as natural as possible so when the time comes to make it, you probably will because that's how you'll be. Really helps when the lights fading and the peeps blurry, you'll not only see a little but you'll feel the shot, let'r go.

I center my sight ring (bright orange) right inside my peep when I'm looking through it and then with those 2 lined up center the pin on the spot. When the lights fading the pins good but the outline of the peep blurry. Keeping the shot as natural as possible keeps me line up right even though I don't have visual confirmation, put the pin on the spot and release.