HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Stand Shooting tips, Please
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:33 PM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by M.Wuen
Best advice I have to ya for shooting out of a treestand is to bend at the waist instead of lowering just your bow arm to meet the angle down. This will keep your shooting form proper and keep you shooting the same. Also if you're gonna be hunting on hillsides anywhere make sure you at least shoot once out of your stand on the hillside because shooting downhill will really mess with the actual distance and the ballistic distance. I learned this lesson the hard way on a piebald doe, luckily I had another chance on her and capitalized. Also I highly recommend pre-ranging all nearby trails, or ranging noticeable markers in the woods, such as a downed tree, or a grass patch etc. This way if you have a deer come running in you don't need to guess a range or fumble with your rangefinder, you already know. Always good to hear of a new bowhunter, best of luck as season approaches
^ This. Make sure you pay attention to the bending at the waist part. Keep your upper body in that "T" position, don't drop your bow arm. If you do, you'll shoot high.