HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new to site - need fitted - need new bow
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Jbergy
Spike

Originally Posted by zim4par
So today I went in with an open mind and wanted to try 3 different bows. The Mathews Creed, Hoyt Spyder30 and Elite Hunter. Remember that this review is coming from a guy that has a 15 year old bow and has not tried ANY other bow since so take it for what its worth. I have heard such great things about Mathews bows and was super excited to get my hands on one finally. The Creed did not even hold a candle to these other 2 bows. To me it was loud (in comparison to these other 2 bows) it had a huge bulky cam that I came not to likeing the more I looked at it in person as well as the bow being very front heavy with no stabilizer. The bow had no valley in comparison as well. Not trying to give Mathews a bad name, just was not a fan of the Creed and havent even tried any of there other bows. I REALLY liked the Hoyt and Elite. I am giving the Hoyt another half a star over the elite just because the elite was a tad heavier at address but still a great shooting, beautiful bow. Going to think it over some more over the weekend but looks like its not going to be a contest at this point. Team Hoyt! Very excited to get it decked out and customized by a buddy that manages our local shop in town. Photos soon to follow!
Keep in mind the warranty program. Elite has a full lifetime transferable warranty therefore makes it easier to resell and they also have a loaner program for when you break your bow during hunting season they will loan you a bow until yours gets fixed this way you don't have stop hunting. Especially if your on a once in lifetime trip. I'm not aware of anything for Hoyt and the heavyness of the elite will keep your shot more balanced and you will hold steadier. Just a thought!