HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wood or synthetic stock
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

I prefer a Wood Stock Gun/Rifle...if I'm going to keep it for many years and take care of it there's nothing nicer looking than a Firearm with great looking Wood on it!My Browning A-Bolt Hunter .243 Bolt-action Rifle has the low luster shine on the wood and a blued barrel,then I put a matte-black Leupold scope on it also,to me a Shiny Rifle isn''t the best thing to take out Hunting if You don't want to show up like a shiny new diamond ring or have glare coming off Your Gun where the Game Your Hunting could very well see it?

If I'm going to get a Rifle/Gun out in the harsh Weather and use it a lot I would highly reccomend a Synthetic Stock.......my Savage Axis XP Camo Rifle is a great shooting Rifle and it see's a lot of rain,snow and cold weather when Hunting for Coyotes,Bobcats and Foxes.

I've been told a Synthetic Stock Bolt-Action Rifle will shoot much better/more Accurate then a Wood Stock Rifle and I tend to believe that...my Friend sighted in His newer Remington Bolt-action 30-06 with the Synthetic Black Stock and I was amazed at how accurate and well grouped the Rifle Shot!