HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Stand recommendations
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 06:57 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
I've been a ladder-stand guy for a while now, but decided to place a couple hang-ons this year. Bought a Big Game xl and a Rivers Edge xl. They look like just about the same stand to me. Sometimes I think most stands come out of the same factory in China and they just put different labels on them.
I 100% agree with you on that. I've bought more than a couple with the 24x30 inch platform and other than the color and the seat cushion that comes with it they are about the same. The higher quality ones not so much, but the ones you see at D icks, Sportsmans guide and a few at the big box stores I believe are all the same.

I used to be a big ladder stand guy but the foot platforms are just too small for my buddy and mine size 14 and 15 boots. We starting going with those hang ons and ladder sticks. On a decent straight tree we can get everything up and ready to go in about 30 mins. I think after our last trip we are finally close the where we want to be o stand numbers. Were up to 22 and have three more to put up to make an even 25. Every wind will now be covered.