HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New here/Choosing a crossbow
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 06:32 PM
craig
Fork Horn

Hi Pamala74,

I know I'm a bit late to your thread, but hope I can offer one other potential bows for you to consider.

The Scorpyd Telson 130 crossbow or it's stable mate the Ventilator 125.

Scorpyd only makes what are called reverse draw crossbows. The Telson is a nice bow & has plenty of power for what you wish to do & best of all for someone with a weak arm it's only a 130 lb draw bow.

The reverse draw bows are not built in the traditional "T" type design. The bow limbs are parallel with the shooting rail & stock. The do still have a riser, but it isn't at the front of the bow like in a "T" design, rather it's back near the bows center. Thus these bows are better balanced.

The great advantage of the reverse draw type bow is that it has a much longer power stoke than the T type bows. This longer power stroke is very important. The longer the power stroke the greater the arrow speed for every pound of draw weight. Both the two bows I've named here are capable of arrow speeds of over 350 fps.

The reason I may seem to have pushed the idea of the telson over the Ventilator is price. The Telson is more reasonable.

The only down side to the Scorpyd bows is much like with Ten point, they are a bit pricey. But I think you'd like the Telson due to it's great balance, low draw weight yet with very good speed.

Like yourself I've a weak arm due to a rotator injury in my right shoulder. Even so I shoot and really like the RDT 165 model Scorpyd I bought. But the higher draw weight, along with higher bow's weight in pounds (9) mean I'm not sure you'd like my bow.

Barnett bows also makes a reverse draw bow, but as I've not shot one I don't care to say to much about them, but might also be of interest to you.

I hope I've given you another good option to consider that will be of help to you.

Welcome to our world....the hunters world.